My husband’s birthday was round the corner and I decided to whip a fresh fruit cream cake, a recipe resting in my cold storage awaiting to be whipped up at the right time. Here are the ingredients for this divine cake.
- 1 ¼ cup Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda bi-carbonate
- ½ tin or 200 gms condensed milk
- 100 grams butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup milk/water
- 1 cup chopped mixed fruits
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 cup water
- Line the cake tin with butter paper. Grease it with butter and dust it with plain flour.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degree centigrade.
- In a bowl, sieve the plain flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and soda bi-carbonate together.
- Now mix the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-45 mins at 150 degree centigrade.
- A skewer or knife when inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean. This is an indication that the cake is evenly baked.
- Let the cake rest for 3-4 mins and then demould it on a wire rack to cool down.
- Slice the cake horizontally in two parts. Now place them in the freezer for half hour. This step helps to frost the cake in a better manner.
- For the sugar syrup, boil the water in a saucepan and mix sugar in it. Once the sugar is dissolved, switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
Procedure to frost the cake:
- Put a dollop of cream on a cake board or a large round plate and place a sliced cake on it.
- Pour a few teaspoons of sugar syrup over the cake.
- Mix a few dollops of cream with the chopped mixed fruits. Now spread this filling over the sliced cake.
- Place the other half of the cake over this cream spread.
- Frost the cake with the cream. Start from the top and swirl it down around the cake.
- Place the cake back in the refrigerator for half hour for the first layer of the frosting to set.
- Post half hour, frost the cake again with the cream.The second layer of frost gives a perfect finish to the cake.
- Place the remaining cream in a piping bag attached to a nozzle of your choice to decorate the cake.
- Slice kiwis, strawberries, oranges to garnish this scrumptious cake.
- Prior to serving, place the cake in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Voila! Fresh fruit cake is ready to be devoured. Do try and post your comments.
If you like what you read then please don’t forget to hit the subscribe button.